Sunday, October 16, 2005

TIme Passes By

I was on a bus, heading home when an old man boarded and sat next to me. He was very old, or so I thought from his looks. I did not pay much attention to him, choosing to look out the window instead. A moment passed this way. The old man spoke.

"I have seen a lot through my years. Many moments treasured in memories, and many so terrible they should never be brought, not even in thought."

I looked at him. He was expressing joy.

"Do you have any memories you wish not to have?" he asked in a cheerful tone.

"Perhaps," I replied.

"Some memories stay with you forever. Perhaps you may not care much about them as time goes by, but your feelings for them remains. An emotional trauma, a scar in the heart. The pain they bring may be lessened, but are never completely forgotten."

The very old man paused and looked at me, before continuing.

"What are you looking for, if you do not mind telling me?"

"Love," I answered.

"I do not know where she is, but if you ask Fate, he can tell you where to find her. That is if you can find him."

"Do you know where Fate is?"

"I don't know. I work neither with Love nor Fate. I rarely see them, and when I do, we would have a little chat, and I would move on. You see, I only pass by them. Nothing more."

The bus stopped.

"I have to go now. See you," said the very old man, as he got up from his seat and left the bus."

TIme moves on.

Hilary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home